If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving -- you are eligible for membership in The American Legion! Cost is $35.00 for an annual membership in The American Legion. Click here for the Somerville Post 19 membership application.
To join the American Legion, you must have served at least one day on ACTIVE DUTY during any of these periods of conflict and a copy of your DD214 showing dates and character of service is required at application.
- *August 2, 1990 to today (Operation Desert Shield/Storm)
- December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause - Panama)
- August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam)
- June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korea)
- December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918 (World War I)